It all sounds Geek to me! [Gautam Arora]

Monday, August 01, 2005

Zipping away with Python...it's in the air!


When i last posted about Python, i was still learning the ropes, but a few days at the Python Challenge and my current position at Level 7, has really improved my Python skills.
I started Level 1 with a procedural code to break into Level 2, but soon realised that it wasnt in the pythonic spirit and i wouldnt reach far.
After a quick glance at the py tutorial again, set my gears in motion and i can feel 'python powered'.
The Python Challenge, i agree, is the best way to learn python.

My partner in crime is Swapneel (at level 7 too!), coding away the py challenege in Ruby!

If uou are heading towards the land of pythons, i would recommend the py tutorial, and keep a copy of Learning Python(2nd Ed) and Programming Python handy for any in-depth topic coverage (you will need it!)

#The Python Challenge Guide:Part 1...in Python and Ruby...Comin Soon!
any volunteers for the Python Challenege in any other languages e.g. php?

#Visit Open Puppets for open-source artwork (like my python above!)!

3 comments:

Maverick said...

Hey
Good good, python powered huh?
btw, start promoting our upcoming prog lang blog on urs, iv already put it on mine.
and could u make my name a hyperlink to my blog in ur future posts?

Hrishikesh said...

Glad to see you mention Ruby. Never thought you would do it.

BTW, are you still hot about Java? I am lukewarm at best.

Gautam Arora said...

I never commented on Ruby because I have not tried it out, and dont think I will be on it for some time...Py and now Php will keep me busy...

Java might not look all-pretty and all-powerful but it was meant to handle different challenges.Java is here to stay too....let the better language be used for the projects...

You might see me doing a lot of Java in the future, but py-php would be getting a lot of importance here...